The news is by your side.

London violence: two fatal shootings in 24 hours

Police were called to Wood Green High Road just after 21:30 BST but the man died at the scene 30 minutes later.

Two men have died in separate shootings in London within 24 hours, police have confirmed.

A 22-year-old man was shot on the High Road, Wood Green, at around 21:30 BST on Sunday and died at the scene. He has not yet been named.

Sam Brown, 28, took himself to hospital after being shot at a rally in Cheney Row Park. He later died and a murder investigation was launched.

Police say a man has been arrested in connection with the Waltham Forest shooting.

No arrests have been made in the Wood Green shooting, but detectives said a relative of the victim has been notified.

Sam Brown took himself to the hospital after being shot

Elsewhere in London, a man in his 40s remains in a critical condition after being assaulted in Playford Road, Seven Sisters.

He was found injured at 06:15 BST on Sunday, the Met said.

The two fatal shootings follow another killing in the early hours of 19 July, when a 26-year-old man was shot dead in Bruckner Street, Queen’s Park, west London. Seven people arrested for this death were later released pending investigation.

Until then, there had been no shootings in London since 31 October last year.

In 2021, there were 12 fatal shootings among a total of 134 murders recorded by the Met Police.

Earlier this year, in April, the force said it had seen a decrease in gun crime, with the number of all shootings, including homicides and homicides, from 283 in 2019/20 to 196 in 2021/22.

Follow BBC London on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Send your story ideas to hellobbclondon@bbc.co.uk

Related Internet Links

Related Internet Links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Comments are closed.